As I write this I have not long found out that Rosie was definitely poisoned. The toxicology results came back and it was conclusive that she tested positive for rat poison. And not just any old rat poison, but the most toxic, lethal one. It’s a poison that is only meant to be used by professionals and is only meant for indoor use not outdoor (as it is so dangerous to other animals and wildlife). To say I’m angry is an understatement. I am RAGING.
I bloody knew all along she had been poisoned. I said it from the first time she was sick because I could tell it wasn’t normal “dog eats grass” sick or “dog drinks water too quickly” sick. Us pet owners know our animals. And I know my dogs better than they know themselves. Also, I had been extremely worried for a long time about rat poison as I knew that my neighbours were using it as they had a rat problem. Not that they had the courtesy to tell me they were using it, it just slipped out one day in a conversation about rats in their kitchen. Plus of course, if you read my blogs you’ll know just how recently I have had two dead rats on my drive which had both clearly been poisoned.
Obviously I can’t